Sensor Products is a certified Lenord & Bauer Distributor offering Absolute Encoders, Incremental Encoders Minicoders, and Speed Sensors for Rail Vehicles.
Lenord + Bauer - SensorS
Lenord + Bauer - CONTROL SYSTEMS
Rotary Pulse Encoder Applications - not just for speed
Our comprehensive knowledge of the rail vehicle industry's requirements enables us to offer the right sensor solutions for a wide range of applications.
Rail Vehicle Drives, Brakes and Bogies:
- Optimization of the motor current control
- Optimization of starting and braking
- Controlled slip
- Roll-back prevention
- Wheel-slide prevent (braking)
- Speed control during shunting (large-mass moving at low speed)
- Using the encoder signals as controlled variable for energy recovery in breaking
- Deliberate suppressing of unwanted mechanical oscillations in the drive
- Vehicle speed evaluation
- Starting heavy trains on gradients
- Rolling distance measurement
Rail Vehicle and Platform Doors
- Optimized movement and position monitoring
- Recognition of obstacles
Speed Sensor & Rotary Encoder Products
We can fulfill your requirements fast and cost-effectively, either from our wide range of products or as a custom-made solution.
Robust and Reliable Pulse Encoders for Harsh Rail Environments
Encoders used in rail vehicles are always exposed to very extreme conditions. They need to be unaffected by dirt, oil and grease, rainwater, condensation, and high and/or fluctuating temperatures. Rail vehicles are also subject to considerable shocks and vibrations, particularly in the unsprung parts of bogies. Our encoders can also take this kind of punishment without damage.
Our encoders operate magnetically. They employ the very latest sensor technology, circuitry and construction techniques and can therefore offer a high level of electrical and mechanical robustness, guaranteeing reliable function and long-term dependability.
Rail Vehicle Speed Sensors
Speed sensors for sensing toothed wheel targets are available in a wide range of types. Almost any installation requirement can be accommodated with different cable and connectors.
- One to three channels
- Measures frequencies in the range from 0 Hz to 25 kHz
- For toothed wheel targets with modules from 1 to 3.5
- Air-gap up to 3 mm
- Output signal pattern: square wave (voltage, standstill voltage or current)
- Protection class IP 68, fully potted